Day 7 - North Africa
Living as a Christian in a Muslim country
What percentage of people in North Africa are Christian?
Country: Percentage of Christians:
Less than 1%
Coptic Orthodox 9 % Other Christian 1 %
Other religions 3% (includes Christians)
Christian 5% (mostly in southern Sudan and Khartoum)
Do you know all the places in the Bible where Egypt is mentioned?
Egypt as a place and as a nation is one of the most frequently mentioned names in the Bible.
- When Abram was struggling to survive a famine he made the journey to Egypt to escape the severest part of the famine. Genesis 12:10.
- Joseph, the great-grandson of Abraham, is sold into slavery in Egypt by his brothers. Eventually Joseph becomes second in charge to Pharaoh over all of Egypt.
- Moses leads the Israelite slaves out of Egypt to the Promised Land.
- The book of Exodus describes the leaving of Egypt, and the time afterwards crossing of the Red Sea and wandering in the desert.
- In Jeremiah’s time, some Israelites returned to Egypt, despite his warning that God would not support them. Jeremiah prophesied that Egypt too would be defeated by Babylon. Many of the prophets have prophecies against Egypt. Egypt remained a symbol of military power.
- In the New Testament, God told Joseph to flee to Egypt with his wife and baby son Jesus because Herod was going to kill all the boys in Bethlehem. Jesus, with His family, then came out of Egypt and returned to Israel, just as all the Israelites did, when God saved them, as described in Exodus. Today, Jesus still comes to seek and save the lost.
View all 21 Stories | Next Story | Order your booklet today!
Pray for more people in North Africa to see their need for salvation in Jesus and come to know Him.
Pray for the Lord to empower and strengthen Christians who are living as minorities in North Africa. Pray for the Lordís protection over their lives and for increased boldness to share the Gospel..
Place Bibles in Africa. Donate!